Visited: January 2011
Renovation began in 2015
Adolf Bleichert & Co, a cable car manufacturer, was founded in 1874 and moved to this Leipzig-Gholis factory/office in 1881 to expand its space. It was globally renowned company of aerial rope way industry for its state-of-art technology.
During WWII, Nazi used this factory to produce military equipment such as grenade and after its defeat, it was taken over by the Soviet Union. The factory was renamed so many times in its history and even lost its family name "Bleichert" by 1952.
After more than 20 years since its closure in 1991, the renovation work started in 2015, for apartment, office and parking space.